19.6.2022 – KIC Motorsport drivers collect lots of highly valuable experience from Dutch Circuit of Zandvoort
First half of the season 2022 of Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series was finished in traditional Dutch Formula-1 circuit of Zandvoort as 35 highly competitive drivers measured their skills in fifth racing weekend of the most competitivest racing series in the World.
Even three of Finnish KIC Motorsport Rookie drivers drove excellent performance in both 30 minute races as they made many thrilling overtakes, they all got dissapointed in qualifying results and were unable to collect any points from Dutch racing weekend.
– Mexican Santiago Ramos, italian Francesco Braschi and polish Piotr Wisnicki were just a second slower than Pole Position driver. However 24 other fellow competitors managed to drive a bit faster laps and therefore starting positions from 25 to 32 didn’t provide us to compete for points positions, team manager Peter Flythström tells.
– In both 30 minute races our drivers were able to pass 2-3 fellow competitors and therefore their good performance in the races were according our plans, hopes and goals. We’ve made lots of hard work to improve our pace and been able to reduce the gap for top drivers. However all other teams and drivers have also made similar job and therefore the gap reduces a bit too slow. Still there are 10 rounds to be driven and therefore we have lots of time to improve our pace and reduce the gap so that we’re able to compete for points positions, Flythström jatkaa.
Best driver of Zandvoort racing weekend was estonian Paul Aron, who won both events. Due two victories he was able to reduce the gap for Swedish series leader Dino Beganovic. In Rookies standings Sebastian Montoya, who is a son of ex-Formula-1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya collect his fifth win in Rookies and is now leading the series by 15 points to italian silver position driver Leonardo Fornaroli.
Second half of the Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship racing series gets underway in second weekend of July at Hungaroring.
Final Results Formula Regional by Alpine, Zandvoort, Saturday 18th June 2022: top-3:
1. Paul Aron (EST), Prema Racing, 20 laps
2. Kas Havenkort (NDL), Van Amersfoort Racing, +2,214s
3. Gabriele Mini (ITA), ART Grand Prix, +2,808s
22. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, +13,721s
26. Francesco Braschi (ITA), KIC Motorsport, +15,980s
29. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, +17,465s
Final Results Formula Regional by Alpine, Zandvoort, Sunday 19th June 2022: top-3:
1. Paul Aron (EST), Prema Racing, 21 laps
2. Gabriele Mini (ITA), ART Grand Prix, +6,311s
3. Dino Beganovic (SWE), Prema Racing, +7,211s
23. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, +35,493s
24. Francesco Braschi (ITA), KIC Motorsport, +38,014s
27. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, +39,606s
Formula Regional by Alpine Rookie drivers standings 2022: 10/20 rounds: Rookies Top-3
1. Sebastian Montoya (KOL), 40p
2. Leonardo Fornaroli (ITA), 25p
3. Tim Tramnitz (GER), 9p
11. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, 0p
11. Francesco Braschi (ITA), KIC Motorsport, 0p
11. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, 0p
Formula Regional by Alpine teams standings 2022: 10/20 rounds:
1. Prema Racing, 316p
2. ART Grand Prix, 201p
3. R-Ace GP, 172p
11. KIC Motorsport, 0p