26.4.2022 – Demanding conditions deliverd lots of experience for KIC Motorsport young drivers at traditional italian circuit of Monza – KIC Motorsport drivers competes against sons of ex-Formula-1 drivers
Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series got underway in fourth weekend of April at traditional italian circuit of Monza. In 5,8kms circuit three international drivers had their debut runs with KIC Motorsport Formula race car. In two 30 minute event polish Piotr Wisnicki, mexican Santiago Ramos and italian Francesco Braschi made excellent work even they weren’t able to collect points from the opening round. Among 35 fellow competitors they were barely left outside top-20 positions.
In a constantly changing italian spring weather the difficult conditions were mastered by swedish Dino Beganovic, who won the first and was second fastest in second round. Due these results he’s now leading the FRECA-series as there are still 18 rounds to be driven. Rookie series is lead by Sebastian Montoya, who is a son of ex-Formula-1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya. He as well as KIC Motorsport drivers are competing against, for example Eduardo Barrichello, who is also a son of ex-Formula-1 driver Rubens Barrichello.
– As we remember that this was the first-ever Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series racing weeks for all our three drivers, the results they collect were good. In qualifyings we were only 0,7 seconds slower than Rookie pole position driver and therefore the gap for top is not much. Also the very difficult and constantly changing weather delivered lots of challenges for the drivers and therefore our youngsters gained lots of experience from intense competition. Now we start to improve our pace in next rounds, team manager Peter Flythström tells.
Next two rounds of the series is to be driven in second weekend of May at italian racing circuit of Imola.
Final results Formula Regional By Alpine Monza Saturday 23th April 2022:
1. Dino Beganovic (SWE), Prema Racing, 12 laps
2. Michael Belov (ANA), MP Motorsport, +0,767s
3. Lorenzo Fluxa (ESP), R-Ace GP, +1,754s
24. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, +16,146s (Rookie 15.)
25. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, +16,291s (Rookie 16.)
29. Francesco Braschi (ITA), KIC Motorsport, +20,003s (Rookie 18.)
Final results Formula Regional By Alpine Monza Sunday 24th April 2022:
1. Paul Aron (EST), Prema Racing, 16 laps
2. Dino Beganovic (SWE), Prema Racing, +1,371s
3. Gabriele Mini (ITA), ART Grand Prix, +1,873s
21. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, +13,952s (Rookie 10.)
30. Francesco Braschi (ITA), KIC Motorsport, +16,222s (Rookie 15.)
DNF. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport
Formula Regional by Alpine standings 2022: 2/20 rounds: Rookies Top-3:
1. Sebastian Montoya (KOL), 8p
2. Sami Meguetounif (FRA), 2p
3. Leonardo Fornaroli (ITA), 1p
4. Matteo Capietto (FRA), 1p
5. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, 0p
5. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, 0p
5. Francesco Braschi (ITA), KIC Motorsport, 0p
Formula Regional by Alpine teams standings 2022: 2/20 rounds: Top-3:
1. Prema Racing, 29p
2. R-Ace GP, 27p
3. MP Motorsport, 20p
11. KIC Motorsport, 0p