6.3.2023 – Ferrari Academy driver Maya Weug, swiss Shannon Lugassy and ukraine Olexander Partyshev joins KIC Motorsport in season 2023 edition of FRECA – Finnish Formula team enters its’ 5th season with high hopes
In season 2019 KIC Motorsport had its’ debut season in FIA Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series. In season 2020 it collect teams’ silver medal in this highly appreciated series. After two dissapointing season KIC Motorsport aims to step back on podiums in season 2023 edition of the series which gets underway at April in Italian circuit of Imola. Finnish racing team enters into ten competitive racing weekends with Ferrari Academy driver Maya Weug, age of 18, swiss Shannon Lugassy, age of 16, and ukraine Olexander Partyshev, age of 17. In very intense racing series they compete against 33 fellow competitors and their goals are set for top-10 positions.
– We’re more than pleased to enter the season 2023 with three young and highly talented drivers who’re determinately developing their careers. Ferrari Academy driver Maya Weug, Shannon Lugassy and Olexander Partyshev have shown their potential during the winter tests sessions. Therefore after two dissapointing seasons we have high hopes for the forthcoming season 2023 which gets underway in April. KIC Motorsport aims to return to compete for podium positions with highly motivated drivers, team manager Peter Flyhtström opens the plans.
Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series is an excellent developement series for the driver who wants to sign a deal of a Formula-1 driver. In previous seasons drivers like Dennis Hauger, Zane Maloney, Arthur LeClerc and Isaac Hadjar are competing in season 2023 edition of Formula-2 series and therefore they are one step closer to their dreams of becoming Formula-1 driver.
The competition level in a series of 12 teams and altogether 36 drivers is extremely high. Two previous seasons have shown KIC Motorsport that the differences between 25 top drivers is very marginal. Therefore KIC Motorsport knows that qualifying is the most important session of the weekend. Securing top-10 position in qualifying gives a chance to drive for podium positions in races which length is 30 minutes.
– In previous seasons we have experienced that in a lap of five kilometres we lost approximately half second to Pole Position driver. Race after race this result provided us 25th starting position which didn’t allow our drivers to compete even for points positions. Therefore we know that this is a section that we need to improve for forthcoming season. We also know that this is a big challenge, but we’re ready for it from the first offical tests which are to be driven in third weekend of March, team owner Petri Lappalainen promises.
FIA Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship calendar 2023:
– 22.-23.04.2023 – Imola (Italy)
– 20.-21.05.2023 – Barcelona (Italy)
– 17.-18.06.2023 – Hungaroring (Hungary)
– 29.-30.06.2023 – SPA-Francorchamps (Belgium)
– 08.-09.07.2023 – Mugello (Italy)
– 22.-23.07.2023 – Paul Ricard (France)
– 09.-10.09.2023 – Spielberg (Austria)
– 16.-17.09.2023 – Monza (Italy)
– 14.-15.10.2023 – Zandvoort (Nedherlands)
– 21.-22.10.2022 – Hockenheimring (Germany)