1.7.2023 – KIC Motorsport driver Maya Weug rised into 2nd position in Rookies at Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series – Ferrari Academy driver collect 16 points in SPA-Francorchamps
Fourth round of Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series was driven in legendary Belgium circuit of SPA-Francorchamps. In seven kilometres circuit KIC Motorsport driver Maya Weug drove superb weekend and collect her first-ever 16 points from the series.
After brilliant qualifying he collect a victory in Rookies at Sundays race and rised into 2nd position in Rookies standings after series overall leader, norwegian Martinius Stenshorne. In Saturdays 30 minute race Weug was eight and in Sundays sixth fastest in overall classifications.
KIC Motorsport second driver, ukraine Oleksandr Partyshev finished Saturdays event in 28th position. He was forced to retire in Sunday due collision with a fellow competitor.
– For past six months we’ve made hard work with our drivers and now the progress starts to show up as Maya Weug drove a superb weekend. She made multiple thrilling passes in Saturdays dry as well as in Sundays wet condition races. Points positions from both races also delivered lots and lots of motivation for our team members aswell, team manager Peter Flythström tells.
Previous points position for KIC Motorsport occured in October 2021 at italian circuit of Mugello as brasilian Gianlica Petecof collect 10th position in overall classifications.
Rookie driver Maya Weug collect in total of 16 points from SPA-Francorchamps. Superb performance and results rised her into 2nd position in rookies standings as there are still 12 rounds to be driven. In overall standings norwegian Martinius Stenshorne was left without points in Sundays race and therefore italian Andrea Antonelli was able to reduce the leadership into five points.
Next two rounds of Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series is to be driven in second weekend of July at italian circuit of Mugello
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine Europe, SPA-Francorchamps (Belgium), 30th June 2023: Top-3:
1. Rafael Camara (BRA), Prema Racing, 13 laps
2. Tim Tramnitz (DEU), R-Ace GP, +0,788s
3. Martinius Stenshorne (NOR), R-Ace GP, +1,712s
8. Maya Weug (ESP), KIC Motorsport, +4,567s
28. Oleksandr Partyshev (UKR), +14,975s
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine Europe, SPA-Francorchamps (Belgium), 1st July 2023: Top-3:
1. Andrea Antonelli (ITA), Prema Racing, 9 laps
2. Tim Tramnitz (DEU), R-Ace GP, +0,721s
3. Joshua Durksen (NDL), Arden, +1,578s
6. Maya Weug (ESP), KIC Motorsport, +4,567s
ret. Oleksandr Partyshev (UKR), crash
Drivers standings 8/20 rounds: Top-3:
1. Martinius Stenshorne (NOR), 114p (1st Rookie)
2. Andrea Antonelli (ITA), 109p
3. Tim Tramnitz (DEU), 98p
14. Maya Weug (ESP), 16p (2nd Rookie)
23. Oleksandr Partyshev (UKR), 0p
Teams standings 8/20 rounds: Top-3:
1 R-Ace GP, 222p
2 Prema Racing, 205p
3 Van Amersfoort Racing, 118p
10. KIC Motorsport, 16p