KIC Motorsport is a professional Finnish Racing Team which runs three cars in FIA Formula Regional European Championship by Alpine series.
Our professional racing team is owned by Petri Lappalainen, who has a long record in motorsport, as early as in the 80’s when he was a mechanic and an engine tuner in karting. During his career he has tuned engines to Mika Häkkinen, among other drivers and he has also driven in many racing series himself, for example Porcshe Carrera Cup and other international GT-series.
In Season 2018 KIC Motorsport participated to German ADAC F4-series and to NEZ F4 Championship-series, which was won by Konsta Lappalainen.
In Season 2019 KIC Motorsport took a totally new challenge as it entered to FIA Formula Regional European Championship series with two drivers; Konsta Lappalainen and Isac Blomqvist from Sweden. KIC Motorsport collect 5th highest points in Teams Category.
In Season 2020 KIC Motorsport continued in FIA Formula Regional European Championship series with three drivers; Finns Konsta Lappalainen and Patrik Pasma as well as estonian Red Bull Junior Team driver Jüri Vips. Team improved its’ pace and finished the series as Vice-Champions in Teams Category.
Season 2021 was a year with very high level of competition. Even during intense season altogether six drivers showed their talent but were unable to reach podium positions.
In season 2022 KIC Motorsport continues competing in FIA Formula Regional Championship series by Alpine.
Season 2022 FIA Formula Regional by Alpine Championship series calendar
– 24.04.2022 – Monza (Italy)
– 08.05.2022 – Imola (Italy)
– 29.05.2022 – Monaco
– 05.06.2022 – Paul Ricard (France)
– 19.06.2022 – Zandvoort (Netherlands)
– 10.07.2022 – Hungaroring (Hungary)
– 30.07.2022 – SPA-Francorchamps (Belgium)
– 10.09.2022 – Spielberg (Austria)
– 16.10.2022 – Barcelona (Spain)
– 23.10.2022 – Mugello (Italy)
Formula Regional by Alpine drivers standings 2022: 14/20 rounds: Rookies Top-3
1. Leonardo Fornaroli (ITA), 59p
2. Sebastian Montoya (KOL), 44p
3. Tim Tramnitz (GER), 32p
11. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, 0p
11. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, 0p
Formula Regional by Alpine teams standings 2022: 14/20 rounds:
1. Prema Racing, 404p
2. R-Ace GP, 281p
3. ART Grand Prix, 245p
11. KIC Motorsport, 0p
Formula Regional EU by Alpine Teams Final Standings 2021
1. R-Ace GP, 481p
2. ART Grand Prix, 422p
3. Prema Powerteam, 346p
9. KIC Motorsport, 51p
Formula Regional Teams Final Standings 2020
1. Prema Powerteam, 842p
2. KIC Motorsport, 495p
3. Van Amersfoort Racing BV, 451p
4. Gillian Track Events GTE, 95p
5. DR Formula by RP Motorsport, 78p
6. Monolite Racing, 40p
Formula Regional Teams Final Standings 2019
1. Prema Powerteam, 870p
2. DR Formula, 480p
3. US Racing, 397p
4. Van Amersfoort Racing BV, 264p
5. KIC Motorsport, 189p
6. Scuderia DF Corse by Corbetta, 43p
7. Scorace Team-Viola Formula, 17p
8. Technorace, 12p