12.9.2021 – The extremely high level Formula Regional by Alpine racing series once again proved its worth at the Austrian Red Bull Ring – A second loss in qualifyings delivered 26th starting position
The 7th racing weekend of the international Formula Regional by Alpine racing series was driven at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria. Both 30 minute events were spectacularly won by Argentinan Franco Colapinto. Correspondingly, the three drivers of the Finnish KIC Motorsport team had to experience the ruthlessness of a very high-level series again as in qualifyings Flying Finn Elias Seppänen stretched only 0,998 seconds from the pole position – and was forced to satisfy for 26th starting position among 33 competitors.
KIC Motorsport brazilian Gianluca Petecof made his debut in KIC Motorsport. Even he did great work in qualifyings and lost the pole position just by 0,696 seconds, it still delivered him 16th starting position for the race. Although Gianluca Petecof, Elias Seppänen and german Nico Göhler did their best, they still were left out of the points positions in both races.
– When there are 33 cars in the short 4.3-kilometer circuit, there is rapidly traffic involved and therefore it was pure luck to get a clean lap. Colapinto managed to get them perfectly and with that performance he managed to drive his first Formula Regional by Alpine racing series victories from the pole position. Our fate was finish the events outside points-positions because we didn’t success in very fierce qualifyings, team manager Peter Flythström summed up the 7th racing weekend of season 2021.
– The level of competition in this series is very raw. In past six monthes we have been able to match our speed with the pace of the top drivers. However as there are more than 30 other competitors driving with technically same specification car and they also have made same performance, it has been fierce competition of milliseconds. Now in Red Bull Ring points positions would have required a blink-of-an-eye better performance in qualifyings as top-10 drivers qualified in just 0,5 seconds. Therefore Formula Regional by Alpine racing series is the best series when considering driver developement. This is motorsport on its’ best, Flythström continues.
Swiss driver Gregoire Saucy is leading the series with so big gap that in next two weeks at Spanish circuit of Valencia he has possibility to secure his title.
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine: Red Bull Ring #1: Saturday 11.9.2021
1. Franco Colapinto (ARG), 32:37.860
2. Hardien David (FRA), +0,288s
3. Paul Aron (EST), +0,760s
23. Elias Seppänen (FIN), +11.781s
26. Nico Göhler (GER), +14,821s
DNF. Gianluca Petecof (BRA)
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine: Red Bull Ring #2: Sunday 12.9.2021
1. Franco Colapinto (ARG), 32:04,927s
2. Gregoire Saucy (CHE), +1,057s
3. Gabriel Bortoleto (BRA), +4,016s
16. Gianluca Petecof (BRA), +22,946s
21. Elias Seppänen (FIN), +30,048s
23. Nico Göhler (GER), +35,280s
Formula Regional by Alpine drivers standings 14/20 rounds:
1. Gregoire Saucy (CHE), 199p
2. Hardien David (FRA), 147p
3. Zane Maloney, 126p
22. Elias Seppänen (FIN), 1p
23. Nico Göhler (GER), 0p
23. Gianluca Petecof (BRA), 0p
Formula Regional by Alpine teams standings 14/20 rounds:
1. R-Ace GP, 337p
2. ART Grand Prix, 330p
3. Prema Powerteam, 181p
4. Arden, 169p
5. MP Motorsport, 79p
6. KIC Motorsport, 46p
Click and view the images of the Austrian Red Bull Ring racing weekend