1.8.2022 – KIC Motorsport collect seasons’ best result in SPA-Francorchamps – Santiago Ramos 12th fastest
Finnish KIC Motorsport Racing team is competing its’ fourth season in-a-row at international Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series. Now in final weekend of July 2022 at legendary circuit of SPA-Francorchamps mexican Santiago Ramos delivered 12th position, which is also seasons’ best result. 12th position among 31 drivers was a result KIC Motorsport had hoped for a long time. Hard work finally paid off the result was the result of improved speed which gives lots of hopes for the first points finish as there are still six rounds to be driven.
A moment before traditional SPA-Francorchamps GT3 24 hours race got underway, Santiago Ramos was only 0,571 seconds slower than qualifying pole position driver Hadrien David. In intense 30 minute race he made thrilling passes towards points positions. However time ran out and he finished the race in 13th position which improved one position as Gabriele Mini was disqualified.
In second race Santiago Ramos as well as KIC Motorsport Polish driver Piotr Wisnicki were forced to retire the race due heavy impacts of their fellow competitors. Ramos was hit before first corner of the race and Wisnicki was hit in final lap of the race.
– We’ve done lots of hard work to develope our drivers pace. Now the result was shown in excellent performance which Santiago Ramos was able to deliver. In qualifyings he was just half of second slower in seven kilometres circuit and therefore he got a chance to drive for points positions. Even 12th position didn’t give us the longly awaited point, we’re still very happy for the progress he had made. The result was very promising as it showed us that we’re on the mission towards top-10 finish in forthcoming races, team manager Peter Flythström tells.
– For the second SPA-Francorchamps race we entered with high hopes. However the race for points positions was end before it got even underway as in start a fellow competitor heavily hit to the rear of Santiato Ramos car and therefore he spun out from circuit into pitlane wall. Furthermore as our second driver Piotr Wisnicki was also crashed out from the circuit we can say that season 2022 edition of SPA-Francorchamps delivered us seasons’s best and worst results, Flythström continues.
Due disqualification of Gabriele Mini, swedish Dino Beganovic was able to increase his leadership into 41 points in overall standings. In juniors standings italian Leonardo Fornaroli leads the series by 15 points to Sebastina Montoya, who is a son of ex-Formula 1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya. Next two rounds are to be driven in second weekend of September in austrian circuit if Spielberg.
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine EU SPA-Francorchamps, Friday 29th August 2022:
1. Dino Beganovic (SWE), Prema Racing, 12 laps
2. Sami Meguetounif (FRA), MP Motorsport, +11,382s
3. Eduardo Barrichello (BRA), Arden, +13,137s
12. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, +22,768s
30. Piotr Wisncki (POL), KIC Motorsport, +37,211s
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine EU SPA-Francorchamps, Saturday 30th August 2022:
1. Gabriele Bortoletto (BRA), R-ACE GP, 12 laps
2. Hadrien David (FRA), R-ACE GP, +0,325s
3. Dino Beganovic (SWE), Prema Racing, +0,447s
retired. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, crash
retired. Piotr Wisncki (POL), KIC Motorsport, crash
Formula Regional by Alpine EU drivers standings 2022: 14/20 events, Juniors top-3:
1. Leonardo Fornaroli (ITA), 59p
2. Sebastian Montoya (KOL), 44p
3. Tim Tramnitz (GER), 32p
11. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, 0p
11. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, 0p