7.4.2022 – KIC Motorsport enters Formula Regional by Alpine Racing series with three rookie drivers – Finnish Team aims for podiums in very competitive racing series
International Formula Regional by Alpine Racing series gets underway in fourth weekend of April from traditional italian circuit of Monza. Finnish KIC Motorsport team starts its fourth season with three rookie drivers as italian Francesco Braschi, age of 17, mexican Santiago Ramos, age of 17, and polish Piotr Wisnicki, age of 18, measures their skills in ten intense racing weekends among 11 other teams and nearly 40 fellow competitors.
KIC Motorsport has prepared for the season by driving official tests which were taken place in Barcelona, Paul Ricard and Monza. All three rookie drivers have well matched their speed against top drivers. Every team member of KIC Motorsport expects to face another very interesting and competitive racing season which will give lots of highly valuable experience for the young rookie drivers.
Formula Regional by Alpine is very known for its’ position to be a step towards faster Formula 2 and Formula 1 cars.
– Two years ago estonian Juri Vips collect many podiums as KIC Motorsport driver and now he collects similar results in Formula 2 racing series as he’s in fourth position after two racing weekends. Furthermore two years ago Dennis Hauger competed in Formula Regional and now he measures his skills in Formula 2. And ofcourse reigning Champion Gregoire Saucy aswell as many other drivers like Arthur LeClerc, Franco Colapinto, Isack Hadjar and Zane Maloney are now competing in Formule 3 series. Therefore Formula Regional by Alpine racing series is one important step on the way towards becoming a professional racing driver, KIC Motorsport owner Petri Lappalainen tells.
– For the fourth season of our teams history we enter with three young talent who have taken steps from karting to Formula 4 and now to Formula Regional. In tests they’ve been in progressive pace and therefore we’re ready for the new challenges. We also know that qualifyings are the most important session of the weekend and therefore we’re aiming to utilize the experience we’ve gained in these four seasons. Our main focus is to highly develope our drivers in next six months, KIC Motorsport team manager Peter Flythström continues.
Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series includes ten racing weekends. Each weekend includes two practice sessions, two qualifyings and two 30 minute races. All circuits are known from Formula 1.
Formula Regional by Alpine Racing calendar for season 2022:
– 24.04.2022 – Monza (Italy)
– 08.05.2022 – Imola (Italy)
– 29.05.2022 – Monaco
– 05.06.2022 – Paul Ricard (France)
– 19.06.2022 – Zandvoort (Nedherlands)
– 10.07.2022 – Hungaroring (Hungary)
– 30.07.2022 – SPA-Francorchamps (Belgium)
– 10.09.2022 – Spielberg (Austria)
– 16.10.2022 – Barcelona (Spain)
– 23.10.2022 – Mugello (Italy)