6.5.2022 – KIC Motorsport drivers collect its’ season 2022 best result from french circuit of Paul Ricard – Determinate job rised team drivers closer to points positions
Finnish KIC Motorsport is competing its’ 4th season in international Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series. Now in fourth weekend of the season 2022 it accomplished its’ best results for this season in french circuit of Paul Ricard as mexican Santiago Ramos collect 16th and italian Francesco Braschi 17th position in overall results. Polish Piotr Wisnicki couldn’t reach to same level he was in previous events and therefore 27th position was a big dissapointment in very hot weather conditions.
All three drivers are competing their debut year in Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series. In season 2021 they all competed in Formula-4 series and therefore they now drive for rookie Championship points. Even they haven’t collect any points in first eight rounds of the season, KIC Motorsport team manager believes that it’s only a matter of time when Ramos, Braschi and Wisnicki will make their first top-10 position in overall classifications.
– Even we’re currently finishing events narrowly outside points positions, we’re not far away from other rookie drivers who’re facing same issues as we. Competition level in Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series is very high and now we’re taken another step towards top rookie drivers who’re just only half seconds ahead of us. Ofcourse we still have lots and lots of work to be done as only 10 top drivers gets those points. But we’re making hellowa job as a team and it delivered us season best results. We aim to improve in next two weeks at dutch circuit of Zandvoort, team manager Peter Flythström tells.
– In French racing weekend at Paul Ricards 35 competitors with teams got a new challenge as very hot summer weather made Le Castellet arena very sweaty. For our drivers it showed that they need to take care of their physics as it was very tricky to race in intense conditions. This was seen in the final laps of both races as many drivers suffered lack of physics to compete all 30 minutes, Flythström tells.
Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series is lead by swedish Dino Beganovic, who collect another podium. However as he was disqualified in second race due technical problem, his rivals Paul Aron, Gabriele Mini and Kas Haverkort were able to reduce his leadership. Rookies is lead by Sebastian Montoya, who is a son of ex-formula-1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya. He leads the series by nine points as there are still 12 rounds to be driven. Next event is to be driven in two weeks at Netherlands.
Final Results Formula Regional by Alpine, Paul Ricard, Saturday 4th June 2022: top-3:
1. Paul Aron, Prema Racing, 16 laps
2. Dino Beganovic, Prema Racing, +0,986s
3. Mikhael Belov, MP Motorsport, +4,104s
22. Santiago Ramos, KIC Motorsport, +26,754s
24. Francesco Braschi, KIC Motorsport, +30,794s
30. Piotr Wisnicki, KIC Motorsport, +41,204s
Final Results Formula Regional by Alpine, Paul Ricard, Sunday 5th June 2022: top-3:
1. Gabriele Mini, Art Grand Prix, 14 laps
2. Kas Haverkort, Van Amersfoort Racing, +0,950s
3. Paul Aron, Prema Racing, +1,591s
16. Santiago Ramos, KIC Motorsport, +9,270s
17. Francesco Braschi, KIC Motorsport, +9,976s
27. Piotr Wisnicki, KIC Motorsport, +15,211s
Formula Regional by Alpine drivers standings 2022: 8/20 rounds: Rookies Top-3
1. Sebastian Montoya (KOL), 20p
2. Leonardo Fornaroli (ITA), 11p
3. Tim Tramnitz (GER), 10p
11. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, 0p
11. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, 0p
11. Francesco Braschi (ITA), KIC Motorsport, 0p
Formula Regional by Alpine teams standings 2022: 8/20 rounds:
1. Prema Racing, 239p
2. R-Ace GP, 172p
3. ART Grand Prix, 158p
9. KIC Motorsport, 0p