23.10.2022 – Fourth season in Formula Regional European Championship series left KIC Motorsport without points – Finn William Alatalo teams best driver in final weekend at Mugello.
Final two rounds of International Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series was driven in italian circuit of Mugello. Altogether 35 competitors showed their talent in traditional 5,2kms circuit. Finnish KIC Motorsport entered the 10th and final meeting with three drivers; polish Piotr Wisnicki, danish Sebastian Ogaard and finnish William Alatalo, who in season 2022 has competed in FIA Formula-3 series.
In qualifyings for the final two races Sebastian Ogaard and William Alatalo made a lap time below one second for pole position driver. However as over 20 fellow competitors made the same result, KIC Motorsport drivers were once again denied top-20 starting positions.
Even in both two races Alatalo and Ogaard were in excellent pace, they still finished the 30 minute races outside points positions. Furthermore as Wisnicki tackled with technical issues, KIC Motorsport was left without drivers and teams points.
– Season 2022 was very difficult for us. Ofcourse we managed to collect lots and lots of experience but it is only a small comfort as we targeted for multiple point position finishes. Ofcourse we understood that with three rookie drivers we faced lots and lots of hard work and even we managed to reduce the gap to pole position drivers in qualifyings, it was still very frustrating to enter the events as the final classifications were something else we had hoped for. The level of competitiveness in Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series is extremely tough, team manager Peter Flythström tells.
– Still I’m very proud of our team and the hard work our personel had done to develope our speed. Even we didn’t collect points in any of the events, we still didn’t give up and pushed hard until end of the final race. Now as a team we analyze this season to improve our performance in the future. I personally would like to share a big thank you for our drivers as well as for our sponsors, partners as well as all motorsport fans who have supported us during this very competitive racing season, Flythström continues.
Overall European Champion of Formula Regional by Alpine season 2022 is swedish Dino Beganovic and juniors Champion is italian Leonardo Fornaroli. Italian Prema Racing collect the Teams title.
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine Mugello, Saturday 22nd October 2022: Overall Top-3:
1. Paul Aron (EST), 17 laps
2. Victor Bernier (FRA), +3,486s
3. Joshua Dufek (SUI), +3,644s
22. William Alatalo (FIN), +16,488s (KIC Motorsport)
27. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), +19,794s (KIC Motorsport)
31. Sebastian Ogaard (DEN), +1 kierros (KIC Motorsport)
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine Mugello, Sunday 23rd October 2022: Overall Top-3:
1. Gabriele Mini (ITA), 17 laps
2. Gabriel Bortoleto (BRA), +1,842s
3. Dino Beganovic (SWE), +2,975s
26. William Alatalo (FIN), +21,021s (KIC Motorsport)
30. Sebastian Ogaard (DEN), +23,384s (KIC Motorsport)
ret. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), technical problem