24.5.2021 – KIC Motorsport collect 20 points from dramatical Monaco – Patrik Pasma two times fifth fastest
Finnish KIC Motorsport team collect its’ season 2021 best results from traditional street circuit of Monaco. In two 30 minute events Flying Finn Patrik Pasma collect two fifth positions which provided 20 Championship points for himself and KIC Motorsport team.
It is widely known that it is very hard to pass in narrow circuit of Monaco. Therefore qualifying showed a big part in both races as Championship Swiss leader Gregoire Saucy as well as KIC Motorsport driver Nico Göhler wasn’t able to get the best result. However KIC Motorsport Finns Patrik Pasma and Elias Seppänen delivered a strong performance from qualifying as Pasma entered the races from third and Seppänen in eight grids.
First race was driven on Saturday morning as the circuit was drying from night rain. In start Pasma kept his fifth position and Seppänen was able to rise into 14th position. As in highly intense race several drivers, including Championship leader Gregoire Saucy tackled with problems, KIC Motorsport driver Elias Seppänen collect 12th position. Patrik Pasma kept his rivals behind and secured his season 2021 best result by collecting 5th highest Championship points.
Second race of Monaco started with a dramatic crash as in first corner Arden team driver William Alatalo and David Vidales collided. Therefore Alatalo lost his driving line and when 100 meters later he came back to it, Championship leader Gregoire Saucy heavily hit the Finns car. The situation came by a surprise to drivers behind and therefore many drivers faced a serious crash as Nicola Marinangeli was rolled. Race was immediately stopped with a red flag.
Half hour later in restart Pasma kept his sixth and Seppänen 16th starting positions. Furthermore Nico Göhler, who was disqualified from Saturdays’ race, went underway in 22th position. However all KIC Motorsport drivers picked up a position as estonian Paul Aron hit a wall in first corner and safety car was deployed.
Soon after another restart the gearbox of Elias Seppänen car broke up and he was forced to retire the event due technical difficulties. After 30 minutes of another intense race Patrik Pasma collect another 5th highest Championship points. Even Nico Göhler drove a smooth race, he was forced to satisfy into 18th position in overall classifications.
– Two weeks ago in Barcelona we promised better speed in next rounds. We noticed that we had done our home work well as in qualifyings Pasma and Seppänen were flying. Two 5th positions from very difficult street circuit of Monaco was pretty much we had hoped for and therefore we hope to keep improving our pace in forthcoming weekend as 4th racing weekend of season 2021 is to be driven in french circuit of Paul Ricard, team manager Peter Flythström tells.
Final Results Formula Regional by Alpine: Monaco, Saturday 22.5.2021
1. Isack Hadjar (FRA), 21 laps
2. Zane Maloney (BAR), +7,401s
3. Paul Aron (EST), +10,400s
4. Hadrien David (FRA), +10,863s
5. Patrik Pasma (FIN), +13,385s
12. Elias Seppänen (FIN), +27,235s
DNF. Nico Göhler (GER)
Final Results Formula Regional by Alpine: Monaco, Sunday 23.5.2021
1. Zane Maloney (BAR), 18 laps
2. Isack Hadjar (FRA), +0,592s
3. Hadrien David (FRA), +2,672s
4. Alex Quinn (GBR), +4,487s
5. Patrik Pasma (FIN), +5,358s
18. Nico Göhler (GER), +23,150s
ret. Elias Seppänen, Technical
Click and view the images of the legendary Monaco 2021 racing weekend