10.7.2022 – KIC Motorsport drivers reduced the gap for top drivers in Hungaroring – Still no points for the drivers or the team
In sixth round of Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series, which was driven in Hungarian circuit of Hungaroring, KIC Motorsport drivers were in qualifyings able to reduce the gap for pole position drivers. Even mexican Santiago Ramos and polish Piotr Wisnicki improved their pace, they still were unable to reach for points positions.
Even in qualifyings, which were driven in perfect summer conditions, Ramos lost the pole position by 0,630 seconds and Wisnicki 0,922 seconds, their starting grid for the races were outside top-20 positions. Therefore finishing in top-10 points position was, once again, proven as tough job. Hard work didn’t pay off as Ramos collect 20th and Wisnicki 28th positions.
It was also a misarable weekend for Swedish series leader Dino Beganovic who tackled with pace. Therefore as italian Gabriele Mini collect two silver points positions he was able to reduce the gap into 9 points in overall standings as there are still eight rounds to be driven.
Also in junior class Sebastian Montoya, who is a son of ex-F1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya, had a misfortunate weekend and therefore italian Leonardo Fornaroli took the leadership.
Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series continues in final weekend of July in traditional Belgium circuit of SPA-Francorchamps. FRECA drivers competes just before traditional GT3 race 24 hours gets underway. In GT World Challenge 24 hours SPA-Francorchamps also ex-KIC Motorsport driver Konsta Lappalainen aims for success with Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evolution car.
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine Hungaroring, Saturday June 9th 2022: Overall top-3:
1. Kas Haverkort (NDL), Van Amersfoort Racing, 19 laps
2. Gabriele Mini (ITA), ART Grand Prix, +4,326s
3. Roman Bilinski (GBR), Trident, +19,103s
20. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, +43,046s
28. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, +53,199s
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine Hungaroring, Sunday June 10th 2022: Overall top-3:
1. Hadrien David (FRA), R-Ace GP, 19 laps
2. Gabriele Mini (ITA), Art Grand Prix, +0,466s
3. Gabriel Bortoletto (BRA), R-Ace GP, +0,865s
24. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, +11,373s
27. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, +12,913s
Formula Regional by Alpine drivers standings 2022: 12/20 rounds, juniors top-3:
1. Leonardo Fornaroli (ITA), 47p
2. Sebastian Montoya (KOL), 44p
3. Tim Tramnitz (GER), 22p
11. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, 0p
11. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, 0p
11. Francesco Braschi (ITA), KIC Motorsport, 0p
Formula Regional by Alpine teams standings 2022: 12/20 rounds:
1. Prema Racing, 340p
2. ART Grand Prix, 237p
3. R-Ace GP, 228p
11. KIC Motorsport, 0p