17.10.2022 – KIC Motorsport drivers had excellent starts in Barcelona – Top-28 drivers among one second in qualifyings for penultimate weekend of Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series
In iberian 4,6kms circuit of Barcelona KIC Motorsport drivers continued their campaign to collect points for themselves and for the team. Eventually in penultimate round of Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series all three KIC Motorsport drivers faced again the very high level of competition as danish Sebastian Ogaard, polish Piotr Wisnicki and mexican Santiago Ramos were left in back row starting positions after they had qualified about second slower than pole position driver.
After intense qualifying session Santiago Ramos made one of the best start in his season and passed nine fellow competitors before he was clicked out from the circuit. Also in Sundays’ race Sebastian Ogaard and Piotr Wisnicki made excellent starts and were able to collect four positions. However due multiple safety car visits, KIC Motorsport drivers finished both events far behind points positions.
– In qualifying we suffered from traffic and therefore were just a second out from pace among 35 drivers. As the level of competition is very intense, there were 28 fellow competitors within that one second gap and therefore it was impossible to collect even top-20 position. Even this series is very hard, it is also very educational for all our drivers as they collect lots of competition experience, team manager Peter Flythström tells.
– I’m very happy for the starts and the progress our drivers made in both races. However due the crashes our fellow drivers encountered, we had again multiple safety car visits on the circuit and therefore we lost all possibilities to pick up positions and also for experience because lack of competition kilometres. However we won’t give up as there is still one racing weekend to be driven, Flythström continues.
Formula Regional by Alpine European Championship series got underway in April and now six months later the series gets its’ finale in italian circuit of Mugello. In drivers Championship series there is still everything open. However italian Prema Racing secured teams title in Barcelona.
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine Barcelona, Saturday 15th October 2022: Overall top-3:
1. Paul Aron (EST), Prema Racing, 19 laps
2. Hadrien David (FRA), R-Ace GP, +0,147s
3. Dilano Van ‘T Hoff (NLD), MP Motorsport, +4,086s
27. Sebastian Ogaard (DEN), KIC Motorsport, +37,271s
28. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, +37,947s
33. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, +2 laps
Final results Formula Regional by Alpine Barcelona, Sunday 16th October 2022: Overall top-3:
1. Gabriel Bortoletto (BRA), R-Ace GP, 15 laps
2. Hadrien David (FRA), R-Ace GP, +0,200s
3. Pierre-Louis Chovet (FRA), RPM, +0,636s
24. Sebastian Ogaard (DEN), KIC Motorsport, +13,725s
25. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, +14,349s
26. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, +14,766s
Formula Regional by Alpine drivers standings 2022: 18/20 rounds: Rookies top-3
1. Leonardo Fornaroli (ITA), 61p
2. Joshua Dufek (AUT), 54p
2. Sebastian Montoya (KOL), 44p
11. Piotr Wisnicki (POL), KIC Motorsport, 0p
11. Santiago Ramos (MEX), KIC Motorsport, 0p