9.5.2021 – Patrik Pasma delivered points to KIC Motorsport in Barcelona – Passing in Catalonian circuit is very difficult
Finnish KIC Motorsport team is competing its’ third season in FIA Formula Regional series. Now in second weekend of season 2021 Flying Finn Patrik Pasma delivered five points for himself and for the KIC Motorsport. With opening points of the season he rised into 5th position in drivers standings. Another Flying Finn Elias Seppänen was 18th fastest in first race and on Sunday he was forced to retire. German Nico Gähler collect positions 24th and 28th.
– It is very hard to pass in circuit of Barcelona-Catalunya. Season 2021 edition of Formula Regional was not much different as well. As in qualifyings we couldn’t match our speed agaist fellow drivers the results weren’t a much we had hoped for. Furthermore we were in better speed than three weeks ago in Imola. Therefore we’ve taken steps forward, team manager Peter Flythström tells.
– As our driver Patrik Pasma collect two Top-10 positions he was able to collect points for himself and for KIC Motorsport. Now in forthcoming two weeks we make some homeworks and then in Monaco we try again to challenge top drivers of this highly competitive racing series, Flythström continues.
Both 30 minute races was on by swiss driver Gregoire Saucy. With maximum points from Barcelona weekend he’s now leading the series by 38 points gap as there are still 16 rounds to be driven.
Final results Formula Regional Championship series by Alpine, Barcelona #1: Saturday 8.5.2021:
1. Gregoire Saucy (SUI), 15 laps
2. Gabriele Mini (ITA), +0,542s
3. Paul Aron (EST), +1,756s
10. Patrik Pasma (FIN), +8,075s (KIC Motorsport)
18. Elias Seppänen (FIN), +14,449s (KIC Motorsport)
24. Nico Göhler (GER), +22,155s (KIC Motorsport)
Final results Formula Regional Championship series by Alpine, Barcelona #2: Sunday 9.5.2021:
1. Gregoire Saucy (SUI), 17 laps
2. Alex Guinn (GBR), +2,555s
3. Isack Hadjar (FRA), +5,546s
8. Patrik Pasma (FIN), +12,014s (KIC Motorsport)
28. Nico Göhler (GER), +37,879s (KIC Motorsport)
DNF. Elias Seppänen (FIN) (KIC Motorsport)
Click and view the images of the iberian Barcelona 2021 racing weekend